Are you thinking about adding a pond to your outdoor living space? Ecosystem Ponds work with Mother Nature to provide food, shelter, and safety to the wildlife around it. They are low maintenance, self-sustaining, and provide limitless hours of enjoyment for your family. Based on your requirements and personal taste, there are several types of natural water features from which to choose.
Streamworks can design and create a pond ecosystem that works with your landscape and maintenance goals. The secret to a low maintenance pond is an efficient circulation system that keeps water moving and provides healthy water conditions for fish and aquatic plants.
• A biological filter provides surface area for beneficial bacteria to colonize and removes excess nutrients from the water.
• A mechanical filter houses the pump, skims debris and prevents the accumulation of organic materials on the pond floor.
• Koi & Goldfish reduce pond maintenance by grazing on string algae and feeding from the pond floor.
• Aquatic plants enrich color and texture. They thrive on excess nutrients in a pond and deprive algae of its food source. This is a good thing!
• Rocks and gravel add natural beauty, protect the pond liners from UV light degradation and provide surface area for beneficial bacteria to break down excess nutrients in the water and dissolve organic debris on the pond floor.
Typically, a pond installation & construction is completed in just a few days and can provide numerous benefits such as:
Improved Health & Wellness
The sights and sounds of a pond and waterfall help you relax and de-stress in today’s busy environment. It’s scientifically proven that being around water can lower your blood pressure and improve your mental and physical wellbeing. A backyard pond can truly be therapeutic.
Added quality time with your family
Can’t get the kids off of their tablets or TV? Introducing the water gardening life to your backyard provides an opportunity for a new and unique pastime you and the entire family can enjoy. Imagine feeding the koi & goldfish amongst a variety of aquatic plants while listening to the sound of a gentle waterfall. There is nothing like a low maintenance water garden that reconnects you with one another and with nature.
Added property value
A professionally installed backyard pond not only adds aesthetic appeal to your landscape, it also increases a home’s value much like a new patio, deck or gazebo does. The sound of a waterfall cascading into your pond will drown out unwanted noise from nearby traffic or noisy neighbors. And as a bonus, don’t be surprised when your new ecosystem pond becomes the new attraction in your neighborhood.
Conserving the environment
An ecosystem pond involves very little maintenance. Although the initial filling of your pond needs many gallons of water, in the long run it requires far less water than the lawn it replaced! You find yourself drawn to the beauty and natural elements the pond provides. Water gardening becomes a hobby as it allows you to experience the joys of wildlife such as birds, butterflies, dragonflies and frogs right in your backyard. Nature lovers simply can’t go wrong with as ecosystem pond.